Re: Documentation for the u32 module

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:37:39PM -0500, William Stearns wrote:
> 	I had some initial difficulty understanding the u32 kernel module.
> I thought I'd write up a combination tutorial and set of examples for
> people hoping to give the module a try.
> 	The article can be found at
> http://www.stearns.org/doc/iptables-u32.current.html .  I'll gladly accept
> corrections, suggestions, and submissions of additional examples of tests
> that can be performed with u32.
> 	Don has had a chance to review the article and has indicated that
> he's OK with having a pointer to this article in patch-o-matic.  Is that
> OK with the core team, and if so, what's the easiest way to add a link to
> it?  Could this also be added to the documentation "tutorials" section?

sure, I'd be happy to add it to the homepage and patch-o-matic.
However, I'd actually prefer if it could be added to the
netfilter-extensions HOWTO.  This would give people a chance to learn
about all the different targets/matches at a single location.

Bill, in case you don't know the extensions HOWTO:
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-extensions-HOWTO.html

Would you be willing to merge your u32 documentation with that?

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/