Re: Memory leaks in ip_conntrack?

On Monday 10 November 2003 8:10 pm, Kishore Dharmavaram wrote:

> Alistair & All,
>
> I believe /proc/slabinfo gives # of conntracks being used, in my tests I
> usually find slabinfo number is same as number of entries in
> /proc/net/ip_conntrack. But, after 18hrs or so the number in /proc/slabinfo
> reaches maximum and box starts refusing connections, /proc/net/ip_conntrack
> show 20 to 30 entries, I hear /proc/net/ip_conntrack is unreliable and
> broken. Anyway, I guess I have to dig into the code.

I have found /proc/net/ip_conntrack to be a reliable indicator of the number
of connections through a system (at least, I've not had a problem of running
out of connections unless ip_conntrack = ip_conntrack_max, and I see the
number of connections go up and down very plausibly with the time of day),
and I have systems running for months without a reboot.

Please let us know if you find something in the code to explain what you are
seeing.

Antony.

--

Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
but rather when there is nothing left to take away.

 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.