Re: DHCP /MAC

On Saturday 08 November 2003 1:05 pm, kannel sms wrote:

> As u said i did all , but it will not reach my
> requirement, because when i added that rule with a
> specific MAC address , according to ur mail it will
> allow  to get all the dhcp facilities .
> But other machines also doing samething . so seems to
> be somewhere has a small problem ,

1. What *exactly* is not working correctly with the rules I suggested?   I
still do not understand whether you are saying that machines which should
have access are being blocked, or machines which should not have access are
being allowed.

2. Have you tried adding a LOGging rule as I suggested to check exactly what
MAC addresses are on the packets coming in to your machine, just to make sure
the machine is seeing what you think it should?

Antony.

--

Mahatma Gandhi was once asked what he thought of Western Civilisation.

He replied, "That would be a very good idea."
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.