From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of marcus earle
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 7:42 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RedHat 9: Bridging Firewall

I am trying to build a Firewall using RedHat 9 (Kernel 2.4.20-8) with both of my interfaces in a bridging mode - neither interface being assigned an IP address.
This is exactly how on a honeypot would function. But there is definately a difference between the theory of a Honeypot and actually implementing one and getting it to function properly...

Since I am fairly new to the Linux OS, it is a  little bit harder to know where to look to get the info I need and where to make the proper changes in the OS...
My understanding is that RH9 has the firewalling functions built in, but I am not sure what I need to do in order to make it bridge , or how/where to apply the ruleset.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks, is advance for any input

Do you Yahoo!?