Re: RedHat 9: Bridging Firewall

Do you want the full bridging functions (spanning tree etc)?
We set up a 'bridging' firewall a couple of years ago using
proxy-arp. This was so that we could just transparently insert
the firewall  between our LAN and the local University
router. So far, its worked faultlessly - we get full filtering
and NAT functionality with standard iptables kernel.

But of course we dont get the full bridging capabilities
(whatever they may be).

Cheers,
Terry