Re: conntrack for samba/netbios-ns

Ah, just like the Checkpoint implementation.
So their is still no state tracking per say, but a hash table
based on SA/port DA/port, and a 180 second timer.

Doesn't 180 seconds seem a tad long?
I kinda vaguely remember Checkpoint default on this being 40 seconds.

I remember being in a discussion with some developers on this and the
consensus was 30 second heartbeats ( strange, they almost always end up
with 30 second heartbeats for everything, hehe ).

Could the developers enlighten me as to why they ended up with 180?
Not a big deal, but it never hurts to learn something :-)

Thanks,
Ted

PS By the way your tutorials are great.