Forwarding IP broadcast traffic using netfilter

Hello all,

 I've been searching all over the net for a solution for
this. This issue has also come up on this list on various
occasions but they all yielded non conclusive results. I
am hoping that someone out there has actually found a way
to do this using netfilter.
 Why do I want to forward broadcast traffic? I have two
networks connected via a firewall with proxy arp in use.
These two networks consist of Windows machines and for
browsing purposes I would like the machines on both to
'see' each other.
 I am weighing my options. So far I have bridging and
using wins. I would like to avoid using either of them.
Is it possible to achieve this using netfilter?

Brian G. Muita