Re: thoughts on a newbie tutorial i'll be giving shortly

http://ticallion.nuit.ca/pub/iptables/ is something u should be looking
at... it's a tutorial on irc I gave a while ago... purpose of which is
to really make the user able to (ab/)use iptables.

u should look at it to either "grep -P" interesting things or inspect
carefully for things to avoid :P

either way, people r invited to send flames/comments/wanton written
violence to tarek [at] cyberia -dot- net /dot/ lb. errata should come
out this week...

happy hacking,
Tarek

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 14:30, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   as a really low-level iptables intro i'm giving this monday,
> i'm going to show and explain something like the following.
> it's deliberately simplified as i have only about a half hour,
> but i'm interested in whether anyone here has any kind of
> visceral reaction to this configuration -- whether i'm suggesting
> anything violently insecure or anything like that.  (i've removed
> a lot of preliminary variable setting, just wanting to show the
> salient stuff.)
<snip>