Re: How can I test my rule set?

--- Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hping2 is your friend.
>
> Ted
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:43, Jin Gu, Kim wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I made my own rule set, but i don't know how to test it.
> >
> > Should I launch some applications and attempt to log in my trusted
> > network one by one?
> >
> > I guess there will be other methods...
> >

> > "Netfilter Hacking HOWTO" seems to introduce some useful tools e.g.,
> > gen_ip, rcv_ip..
> >
> > But I can't understand how to use them.
> >
> > If you know how to handle them or test, would you show me the way?

Just jumping in here... but if the address you wish to test is available to the
world.. ie the internet... then dslreports.com has a nice Port Scan you can run
against your world address and it will give you a nice report as well as grade
you on your security measures.

Hope this helps
SBlaze

=====
In the absence of order there will be chaos.