Re: ip_conntrack

hi

I've upgraded the server to Redhat 8 ... I seem to be worst
off now ... I'm getting the error "kernel: ip_conntrack:
table full, dropping packet." every few days now instead of
every few months as with Rehar 7.3

Question1: What are the dangers of increasing
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max (I've currently got
1gig of RAM in my server and the current value of
ip_conntrack_max is 65528).

Question2: Do i really need ip_conntrack? Since I'm only
using it for my transparent proxy.

Question3: If i don't need it in order to user IP Tables,
how do i get rid of it safely? Will rmmod ip_conntrack.o be
sufficient and save?

Regards,
Warren P

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:27:44 +0800