Re: how can I improve the throughput of linux firewall that use the netfilter + iptable

With any newer box and good nic cards the performance should not be an
issue. Even adding QOS with the htb qdisc should be no problem for 1000
simultaneous streams if you set it up right on say a p3 1 gig.

You may want to throw a squid box into your mix if your router/firewall
is say a 486, and don't use a 486 for that :-)

Ted