Re: iptables and ipsec

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:12:56AM +0000, dimitri borjac spoke thusly:

>do you know where i can find any interesting documentation about the
>interoperability/compatibility of ipsec with iptables ...?

Check the FreeSWAN docs out. Last time I checked (which was in the v1.9x
series); there were complementary information in regards to it.

It also depends on what IPsec scenario are you envisioning ?

>what's more regarding the eventual UDP encapsulation and the pass-through
>technology ?

I think only Checkpoint (?) and Cisco do UDP encapsulation for NAT
traversal. Have no experience with pass-through.

In general, IPsec + Netfilter will play nice together. If you are
experiencing otherwise however, give us more information.