Dropping SYN with FIN flag set

Hi folks.. sorry if this is a really dumb question.. please don't flame me
too much.

Nessus is always alerting on  "Remote host does not discard TCP SYN packets
which have the FIN flag set".  What is the best way to close up this hole?
Is there a global rule I could setup or do I need to set this on a per rule
basis?

something like '-p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,FIN -j DROP'

Thanks,
Jim