RE: netfilter HOWTO out of date?

The HOWTO looks to be almost 2 years old, so yes, it is a little dated.
I haven't been on Netfilter long enough to know when this was fixed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Beresford [mailto:a.j.beresford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 2:19 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: netfilter HOWTO out of date?

Hi all,

In an act of desperation I tried placing a DNAT rule in the OUTPUT chain
to redirect some locally generated traffic to a different machine even
though down at the bottom of
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/NAT-HOWTO-6.html it says
this isn't possible yet.

Is my success a fluke or is this use now supported and the howto out of
date?

Please CC me on the reply as I'm not on the list,

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Beresford <a.j.beresford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Network Administrator - Corporate Information and Computer Systems