RE: MSN throught Linux

Hi,

I've been trying (on and off, on my spare time) to get my firewall (RedHat 9 Shrike) to allow MSN, Netmeeting and Yahoo webcam conversations to take place. I've been keeping up with some of the threads that have been started lately about this subject and what I would like to know before going any further is: is UPNP a security risk ? I don't want to end up with a vault like front door and have all the back windows and doors wide open with "come on in" signs, if you know what I mean. I do want be able to connect to other users with webcams but not at the expense of security provided by the firewall. Please let me know what your thoughts are on this, please.

Thanks,
Carlos.

Carlos Santos
csantos@xxxxxxxxxxx