Re: Using iptables with x86_64 static kernel (module problems)?

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 03:13:33AM +0300, Jani Averbach wrote:

> > yes, please.   I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.
>
> Here is the transcript of what I have done, I hope it will bring some
> light to this issue. If this is not a result of some kind of stupidity
> what I have done, and this is real issue, I could test patch etc.

I have installed a 2.4.23-pre5-x86_64-1 kernel on my Redhat Taroon Beta
Dual Opteron box, downloaded iptables-1.2.8, compiled it and it is
running without any problems.

Which distribution are you running?  Debian?  The Debian compiler
behaves inconsistent with all other x86_64 distributions wrt. 32/64bit
code generation - but this is a well-known and well-documented fact.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/