Total traffic

Hello!
I am running the SuSI Firewall2, and i want to find out my total traffic,
which i need for my traffic script.
I have 2 questions about it:
Will: iptables  -L -vnx | grep "state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED" | grep
"ACCEPT     all"

Give me the toal traffic? If yes, why does iptraf log about twice as much
traffic than my iptables??

Should it not be the same, or am i looking at the wrong iptables line?

Cheers, Mario