Re: RTSP

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 12:27:07PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 04:55:04PM -0700, Tom Marshall wrote:
> > You can try this:
> >
> >   http://home.tig-grr.com/rtsp/index.html
>
> Why did nobody submit that to patch-o-matic yet?

Because I don't do patch-o-matic and nobody else has seen fit to do it, I
suppose.

> Another issue, to quote from the above URL:
> > Please let me know if you use this module, and how it works for you.
> > The more feedback, the more incentive to improve the module and try to
> > get it into the mainline kernel.
>
> This is not possible.  The netfilter coreteam strongly opposes including
> conntrack/nat helpers for protocols where there is not at least one free
> software client and server implementation.  AFAIK, there is no free RTSP
> server implementation so far.  Please inform me, if I'm wrong.

It's an IETF standard (well, RFC if you want to be technical).  I don't care
about your political games and I'm not going to bother hunting down a "free"
(whatever your definition of that word) implementation.  I'm sure they
exist.  If you don't accept a patch for a commonly used protocol that has
RFC status, then you are doing a disservice to your users.

--
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices.