Re: IPSEC passthrough

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:33:10AM +0200, Enrico Demarin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone working on the IPSEC passthrough module ? It appears no one
> ported it to 2.4 yet, and I was wondering why .
>
> Lack of resources or some technical problem in porting it from ipmasq to
> ipfilter ? I would like to understand this

I don't see technical problems in rewriting a ip_masq helper as
ip_conntrac/ip_nat helper.

It's just a lack of interest (we very rarely get asked about that
feature) and a lack of time, as always.

> and eventually start a project to perform the porting.

feel free to go ahead :)

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/