promiscuous mode

Hi,

i want to do passive accounting using the ULOG target. As i
understood, netfilter can only see packets passing the kernel
routing code. That explains why i cannot see packets (except
those for the box itself) passing the NIC in mangle/PREROUTING
(NIC in promiscuous mode).

The only solution google digged was

  <http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/sebastian.zander/private/netfilter.html>

but thats against iptables 1.2.3 (2001-11-06). Is there any
other way doing passive accounting with iptables?

I know that this is not the first time this question shows up.
The last message on this topic i found is 11 months old, i am
just hoping things changed since then ;-) Our needs are simple,
so i try to avoid using one of those listening userland deamons
like net-acctd.

/nils.

--
sig.