iptables-restore help

Hi,
I am learning to use iptables.
I have gone through FAQ and tutorials but have two problems :

1) I can create rules, delete rules, save rules with "iptables-save" command. But can not use "iptables-restore" properly. my iptables file is in at /etc/sysconfig/iptables
I am using Redhat Linux 8.0, iptables 1.2.6a version.

Whatever rule I have saved goes off when i reboot system. As I have understood after using "iptables-restore" command, it should save rules in /etc/sysconfig/iptables file. So that when system reboots automatically it will be implimented.

2) I have set rule "iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 1 -j LOG" so that i can go through logs of NEW users tryong to connect to server. These are saved in which file?
Help appreciated.

Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?