PPTP reviisted

I’ve seen a few things in the netfilter archive about PPTP, but no one has ever really said anything about getting it to work.

Here’s the deal: I’ve got a Windows box (192.168.1.10) sitting behind my Linux firewall. On the firewall runs Debian Woody with iptables 1.2.6a. The Linux box acts as a NAT to all the hosts behind it. Currently I forward TCP port 1723 to 192.168.1.10, but clients cannot connect. I know it’s got something to do with GRE?

I saw something on Google about an ip_conntrac_pptp module, or something to that nature, but I’ve not been able to find it anywhere. I’d love to compile it and give it a try if it’s made to fix this issue.

So could someone fill me in with what my options are as far as getting my VPN working through my NAT? What exactly is going on?

Thanks,

Chris Miller

Compuville Computers

www.compuville.net