Re: Controlling number of sessions

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 09:59, Nauman Malik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Linux box being used as a cache server. I want to control number of TCP sessions per user/IP on this machine. e.g. At one time only 50 reuqets per user can be passed through this linux box.
> Is it possible using iptables?.
> Any idea how?

I have connection tracking enabled and have a perl program that runs
every 5 minutes and counts the number of connections per local IP.  You
can then use a program like cutter to kill extra connections if this is
really what you want to do.

--
Daniel R. Bidwell	|	bidwell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andrews University	|	Information Technology Services