Re: NAT, ICMP and MTU issues

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 10:49, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 17:19, Cedric Blancher wrote:
> > Just a 0.02e quick thought...
> > You're facing a situation a bit like routing LANs through a PPPoE link.
> > Solution is to clamp TCPMSS down to correct value when routing them.
>
> Interesting idea.  I'm not sure these packets go through the FORWARD
> table - the rules I have in would not allow them to.  However it gives
> me something to try playing with - variations using another table
> probably.

OK, I was talking utter rubbish...

The connection does indeed go through the FORWARD table and there is
indeed a set of rules to allow it to do so, written by myself, so my
mind has finally gone :-/

Putting a mangle table rule in to clamp MSS does appear to have fixed
the problem - just need to redo the whole test from scratch to ensure I
haven't something else in the chain thats affecting it.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]