Re: NAT, ICMP and MTU issues

Le ven 19/09/2003 à 17:41, Nigel Metheringham a écrit :
> What appears to be happening is that everything works while packets are
> short, however when long packets come in they bounce off the lower MTU
> interface, and the returned ICMP packet is not getting back to the
> originator in a sane form.   So the connection freezes.
> Having looked closer at this I find there is an ICMP dest unreach packet
> emitted from my box back to the originator.  However inside the packet
> the SNAT has been undone, but the DNAT is still in place.

Just a 0.02e quick thought...
You're facing a situation a bit like routing LANs through a PPPoE link.
Solution is to clamp TCPMSS down to correct value when routing them.

iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

This sets TCPMSS to MTU-40, so 1410 for your IPSEC link.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE