Re: Routing decision?

Ray

Do you mean that if I masquerade all my packets behind the firewall, that they are
considered as locally generated because due to the masquerading their source IP is changed?

This would mean that these packets would travel through the FORWARD chain and then through
the OUTPUT chain. And then the 'Kernel packet travelling diagram' would be completely wrong,
because packets come only in the OUTPUT chain if they originate from a local process.

Regards
Wim