Deleting Rules

Simple Question:

Is it possible to delete rules without complete knowledge of its contents? E.g., Would it be possible to delete all rules that match a source ip of X?

If not, can anyone reccomend a workaround? I am creating rules on the fly and setting them to mark packets with a flag that would not be knowable subsequently. (Rather, unknowable unless there is no solution to this problem and I am forced to keep some sort of log...eew)

Thanks, Paul