Re: Request to add to netfilter/iptables FAQ

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:04:15AM -0500, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
> Harald,
> Are you still maintaining this FAQ?  I notice the last
> update was over a year ago.

not really, I am too far away from our users to know about their
frequently asked questions anymore.  We will be posting a call for
volunteers regarding this subject soon.

> I was hoping to find in the "Problems at runtime"
> section the answer to my problem.
>
> I'm testing the 2.6.0-test4 kernel on my laptop and had,
> to manually 'modprobe' these modules to insert them:
>
>   $ lsmod
>   Module                  Size  Used by
>   ip_conntrack_irc       70420  0
>   ip_conntrack_amanda    68996  0
>   ip_conntrack           24352  2 ip_conntrack_irc,ip_conntrack_amanda
>   ip_tables              15504  0
>
> Afterward, I run iptables -L and get:
>
>   iptables v1.2.7a: can't initialize iptables table 'filter':
>   Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
>   Perhaps iptables of your kernel needs to be upgraded.

all you need to do is recompile iptables from source.

> Are there known bugs in the 2.6.0<->iptables environment?

no.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>               http://www.gnumonks.org/
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime