From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jason Joines
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 6:27 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OT: iptables-like firewall for windows?

We have a completely Linux back-end environment but unfortunately hundreds of windows desktops. I'm pretty tired of all the attacks on the unprotected windows boxes but don't have the authority to put up a network firewall. We protect all of our Linux servers with iptables. Does anyone know of a similar tool for windows, particularly w2k? The built-in stuff seems to be virtually worthless.

Thanks,

Jason Joines
Open Source = Open Mind

Thanks! This is just about exactly what we were looking for. It works almost exactly like ipchains. We use a PXE application (Rembo Tool Kit http://www.rembo.com) for workstation management so it's ideal to be able to change a text file and update the rules.

Jason