Re: Need help have some questions...

Am Mon, 2003-08-25 um 22.05 schrieb SBlaze:
> > Now, what does the circuit relay do? Does it just amplify the signal? Or does
> > it terminate, reconstruct and forward the information?
> >
> Ralf seems to disagree that the second layer is a bridge... I never though of a
> bridge as a dumb proxy...but thats essentially what it is right?? Anyway this
> isn't really the focus of what I want to know...
Circuit Relay operates on Application layer. A typical circuit relay is
socks. It just forwards connections.

> So if I understand what Ramen is saying. It is possible to do this with a
> module  that could be loaded into iptables. Aside from the CPU argument is
> there any other reason why this isn't being done? It seems to come up time and
> time again.

You could, if you would write the module. But this is better done in
userspace.

> Again no one really shed any light on what I'm supposed to do here. What proxy
> am I supposed to use? Everyone is saying use a proxy but no one is giving any
> specifics as to what kind or what software?.
Sure, I did: Use Apache. Apache can work as a webserver for you on your
Linux box and at the same time as a proxy for the Windows box.

Cheers,

Ralf
--
Ralf Spenneberg