Re: Need help have some questions...

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 01:51:58PM -0700, SBlaze wrote:

> A question to Ralf about the second lawyer of a firewall. Is a circut relay
> also known as a bridge?

In general:

layer 1 -> repeater
layer 2 -> bridge
layer 3 -> router

Now, what does the circuit relay do? Does it just amplify the signal? Or does
it terminate, reconstruct and forward the information?

> Also a question to Ramin. You make note in that last post of basically dealing
> with the HTTP protocol on the HTTP application level.... are you referreing to
> web server(apache) ?

No. What I said is: Filtering based on the specifics of an application is best
done by a specialized module which knows enough about that particular protocol.

Ramin