RE: NAT + Web based authentication ?

Thanks George,

How would I know which 192.168.1.x ip has been authenticated so that I can create a respective rule for, as the web server would be receving the ip for eth0 which is the external interface for internet.

Also, need help with the rules as well.

Thanks
Zia

George Vieira <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do what I do and write a special php script which they authenticate and it places entries into the database.

Then have a "root" process which continously runs (like a service) and scans the database for flagged entries which represent new authenticated users and it resets the flag and create a rule for them.

Then the rest is up to you how you want to keep/remove the rules.. ie. have the websession refresh every 30 seconds and it deletes the rules if they close the browser etc..etc..

this is handy for wireless folks who don't really give a damn about mac/ip spoofing but don't want ANYONE to just hop on easily...

Thanks,

George Vieira
Citadel Computer Systems Pty Ltd Systems Manager georgev AT citadelcomputer DOT com DOT au
Citadel Computer Systems Pty Ltd