Re: iptables question

Am Mit, 2003-08-13 um 22.49 schrieb Glenn Hancock:
> I have my rules setup the way I would guess they should be based on 5
> tutorials, 1 book and the man pages.  However, I still can't seem to
> get the thing to do what I want.  Could someone please help me?
>
> I will make this very simple:
Is this for a local machine?
> 1)  I want to allow all incoming requests to port 80
# Allow new connections to port 80
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
> 2) I want to allow all outgoing requests .... period.
# Allow outgoing connections
iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
# Allow all packets belonging to established connections come back
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

> I want to drop all other incoming requests not addressed to port 80.
iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -P OUTPUT DROP

Cheers,

Ralf