iptables and the RELATED option

Hi, My name is Peter Marshall.  I am having some problems letting ftp
through my firewall without opening all of the ports.  I was trying to get
RELATED to work, but for some reason it will not.  Here is an example of
what my file looks like

$TABLENAME -A FORWARD -d x.x.x.x -o eth2 -j mychain

$TABLENAME -A mychain -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$TABLENAME -A mychain -j DROP

I don't think I need the ESTABLISHED, but I put it in anyways.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Peter Marshall
PS.  Sorry if te message appears twice.  I sent it the first tiem before I
became a member