Re: simple newbie question

Hi there,

I used to have adsl I got cable now.

You need to set up a firewall configuration on your ppp0 interface.
(asuming ppp0 is the interface you tunnel through)

Because if you blok on your eth1 and/or eth0 all the traffic still get's
through to you machine, unless you have issued global rules which blok all
interfaces.

On your eth1 card you could set up filtering rules if you don't thrust network
the eth1 network card is connected to.

If you do remember to allow the traffice that builds the vpn (your pppoe
tunneling).
And if you use a dynamic ip on your eth1 device to allow dhcp traffic as wel.

I'm currently not at my own pc, but I'll post anexample tomorrow for you.

Regards
Rob