Re: simple newbie question

Since eth1 is the closest to the wider Net, that's where to build your
- firewall unless you're also concerned with other people on your home
network having certain sorts of access to your Linux box, in which case you
might want to have rules for eth0 too. Most of us only worry about the
external interface - eth1 in your setup.

I don't use ppp, but for most purposes rules about ppp0 and eth1 should have
the same effect for you, I think.

Whit