Re: firewall startup script

There is a internetconnection of course and ppp0 uses that ip-adress.

cheers
fe

Ruprecht Helms wrote:

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 12:54, Felix Bauer wrote:

Hi,

if got a question about my script for my router-configuration. It should enable ip4warding, masquerade my local hosts,
allow my local hosts everything and open some ports which should be external available but if I run this script
it kinda stops after masquerading (I can read the output on the console but then everything is freezed since the local
ports aren't open anymore and not reopend by the script). Is there any logical error I missed?

#** setup Masquerading
echo "Creating rule for Masquerading"
$iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

You have to open a internetconnection and than pick up the ip-adress for ppp0 from ifconfig and use it for ppp0. After this act you can start your firewall.

Regards,
Ruprecht

----------------------------------------------- Ruprecht Helms IT-Service & Softwareentwicklung

Tel./Fax  +49[0]7621 16 99 16