Re: firewall startup script

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 12:54, Felix Bauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if got a question about my script for my router-configuration. It should
> enable ip4warding, masquerade my local hosts,
> allow my local hosts everything and open some ports which should be
> external available but if I run this script
> it kinda stops after masquerading (I can read the output on the console
> but then everything is freezed since the local
> ports aren't open anymore and not reopend by the script). Is there any
> logical error I missed?

>      #** setup Masquerading
>       echo "Creating rule for Masquerading"
>       $iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

You have to open a internetconnection and than pick up the ip-adress for
ppp0 from ifconfig and use it for ppp0. After this act you can start
your firewall.

Regards,
Ruprecht

Ruprecht Helms IT-Service & Softwareentwicklung

Tel./Fax  +49[0]7621 16 99 16
Homepage: http://www.rheyn.de
email:    info@xxxxxxxx