Re[2]: Possible huge iptables memory leakage

DC> I am not sure what everyone else's environments are like, but I am
DC> definitely getting memory infinitely swallowed into Netfilter somewhere.
DC> I have userspace programs, but put together they take less than 5% of
DC> the system memory.

I am getting only on this particular 2.4.22-pre6 and ipt1.2.8
w/patch-o-matic-20030714

As Aldo S. Lagana noted it might be conntracking but it does not seem
logical - conntracking entries shrinking, ram usage growing.
I hope it hold the peak hours tomorrow.

DC> I forced myself to reboot once the ACTIVE memory takes 95% of the CPU,
DC> which was every 3 weeks with 196mb of RAM. This server averaged 200 -
DC> 250 connection tracks during office hours. The ramping active memory
DC> usage went up in a very linear pattern until it took all the system, at
DC> which point I would have to reboot due to performance degradation.

I hope i dont have to reboot tomorrow..

DC> The last reboot, I decided to play with the machine's settings and add
DC> some memory totaling 256MB. I also disabled my SWAP partition because I
DC> have a few database servers that perform fantastically when kswapd isn't
DC> used much.

I am not swapping at all, since the machine loads everything from 16MB
ide flash.

DC> The result: Active memory 'seems' to have stabilized around 75MB at
DC> least for the few days that it has been stable. I cannot tell if this
DC> was totally kswap's fault, or even if the problem has been fixed at all.
DC> It does look promising though.

We'll see, thanks.

P.Krumins