RE: Various questions

>>	Is it possible to DROP all those IP's in one rule? ( I don't
>>need to log them since they are invalid anyway )
>

>Ideally this is done for you with /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/rp_filter
== 1 >or 2. Basically it says that if a packet enters the interface with
an ip >address that is not on the subnet associated with it, then just
drop the >packet. That said, I don't see how these rules would seriously
determent >performance that much.

Well I've made an script to enable this on a specific run level and I've
added this:
echo "2" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter

It was on the packet filter how-to:)

>	3. This is defining priority ports? Like shaping the traffic?
>
>yes
>
>>	3. Since all my traffic from intranet to gateway loc2fw chain
>>it's from trusted ip's ( it's from me or any member of my famely ),
>>that's one of the things I can remove, anyone has any other advice or
>>improvent to the listo f rules I've bellow?
>
>If you are memory bound, these will not help you much. If your memory
is >really the contention, then try lowering the timeouts for things
like >established or unreplied connections, etc.. these things are what
takes up >the memory.

I've seen a comment on some forum that iptables "eats" lots of memory,
so on old computers the scripts should be optimized. Anyway scripts
should be optimized on any computer I guess. Thanx for your advice I'll
dig on that.

	António Godinho