Re: Traffic limitation with iptables

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:08:58 +0400,
Xemul <epv_xemul@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
<20030722200858.74374455.epv_xemul@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi.
> I wanna solve such a problem:
> When I see that byte counter on some chain reaches or exceedes any
> fixed value - then IMMEDIATELY insert into that cahin new first rule
> (e.g. -j DROP) or delete some rules from any other chain. Or more
> abstract - how can can discover that byte counter is higher than smth
> without"polling" chains?
>
> Sorry for sending such a mail into announce, developers and user
> maillists but I need help as soon as possible. :)

..2 ways: either trottle using, say cbq, check the Advanced Routing
how-to, or get ip-limit from patch-o-matic.

..for cbq throttling for say 802.11 isp networks, feel free to try out
my wee http://fmb.no/ipcop/setup-cbq-0.0.4.tar.bz2, it could use a gui,
but is overkill a home user.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: