Re: Iptables as auth ?

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 09:47, Rio Martin. wrote:

> INTERNET ----> Linux NAT Gateway + RADIUS ----> PC Client 1, 2, 3.. 100
>
> Users in PC Client 1 .. 100 must authenticate with RADIUS before its traffic
> goes to Internet. I dont know how its going to work, but what i have in my
> mind for now is RADIUS must cooperate with somekind of daemon that should
> execute iptables to perform NAT to client IP.

I'm actually working on such a solution, project is for the moment named
gnufw. Some information can be found at http://www.gnufw.org

I planned to release the first version around the beginning of september
(sooner if possible).

For the moment we've got a generic framework and a communication
protocol :
	A daemon that send queued packet to an external server doing auth.

Work is now done on the auth server.

Any contributers are welcome.

BR,
--