Re: Iptables as auth ?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:38:53PM +0700, Rio Martin. wrote:

> Folks,

Hello,

> Is there any way to configure iptables to perform nat only if the
> authentication from radius server is correct ?

What is the exact packet flow (for both the initial flow and the RADIUS
packet exchange) that you were expacting? How does an application which is
only smart enough for its own protocol integrate the RADIUS auth? Or how
can you trigger a RADIUS auth from the firewall to the actual user/client
that is generating the traffic?

What you want is only to accomplish by installing client software on all
the client machines... which is not a part of netfilter framework.

Ramin