Re: Firewall setup at boot - trouble with setting up the LOG target

>	What those entries suggest to me is that there are two
>	copies of iptables code on the box.

You're correct:

(v1.2.3)
- /lib/iptables
- /sbin

(v1.2.8 - the correct one)
- /usr/local/lib/iptables
- /usr/local/sbin/iptables

>	If there is a second copy of iptables it could take some time
>	and care to sort out which files are which.... but it can be done.

OK, everything now works as it should. What I did was:

rm -rf /lib/iptables
rm -f /sbin/ip*tables*
mv /usr/local/lib/iptables /lib
mv /usr/local/sbin/ip*tables* /sbin
ln -s /lib/iptables /usr/local/lib/iptables

However, every time an iptables command is executed, the program looks
for libraries in /usr/local/lib/iptables (which is now symlinked to
/lib/iptables) - is there a way to force iptables to load its modules
directly from /lib/iptables?

Michal Kepien