Problem with pptp patch

All,

I've been trying to ugprade my router/AP running 2.4.19 to 2.4.21.  With
2.4.19 I was running Brian Kuschak's PPTP patch.

With 2.4.21 I've tried both the newnat patch from
http://roeder.goe.net/~koepi/newnat.html and the pptp patches in
patch-o-matic-20030630.

Both apply cleanly and compile without errors.  Both work and allow the
client to sucessfully make and use a PPTP connection.  The problem comes
that when the PPTP connection is terminated, the masq machine completely
hard-locks.  I can't ping it from any machine as soon as I terminate my
PPTP connection on my client.

I believe the kernel is Oops'ing, although I don't have a console on it
to verify.  I'll try to get a serial console setup in the morning to
verify.

The machine is an AMD Duron 800Mhz.  The kernel was compiled with gcc
2.95.3.  The kernel was a stock 2.4.21 kernel with either the newnat
patches or the patch-o-matic patches.  The only other patch applied was
a patch to upgrade the wireless extensions support from 15 to 16.  I can
try removing this patch, although I don't believe it is the cause of
the problem, since I'm not even using an 802.11b machine to establish
the PPTP connection.

The PPTP client was a Windows Server 2003 machine, and the PPTP server
was a Cisco 3030 VPN Concentrator, if that helps at all.

Thanks!
-Dustin