Enabling Xwindow connection

Hi all.
I have a LAN with private addresses protected by a firewall which run iptables
1.2.7a. I need to allow connections from clients in the LAN to an external X
server. The clients run Xwin32. Which port do I have to enable in the FORWARD
table and which protocol? I tried to enable port 6000:6036 TCP but the
clients cannot connect to the external server. I just do NAT postrouting, do
I have to do prerouting, also?

TIA

Maurizio