Re:Installing Netfilter 1.2.8

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response, A few clarifcation

1) Next, make the package.
       % make KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>

ed>>> I never build my kernel using RdHat 9.0 so what should the KERNEL_DIR point to ?
Should it be to the lib dir ? /lib/modules/2.4.20-13.9/kernel/
<< ed

2) Finally, you need to to install the shared libraries, and the binary:
       # make install KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>

If you are a developer, you can install the headers, development libraries
and associated development man pages, with:
       # make install-devel

ed>> is there no need to specify the dir here?
<<ed

Lastly, I presume one has to be root while doing all this?