From: "George Vieira" <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "loong" <loong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 12:51 PM
Subject: RE: firewall bridge , Vlan ?

> Yeah you can do that with multiple NICs but what's the reason for this? Is
it to seperate the webservers from each other so that they can't see the
other webservers?

the VPN. The problem now is, I'm not able to map/see machines in Network
Neighborhood except the VPN server.

> Any clue?

machine to know that 192.168.0.55 or 66 or 32 is on the VPN!?

> The only way I know is to proxyarp the ppp device that the vpn is running
on.. I'm assuming it's PPTP so you could try this command when the VPN comes
up :
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/$VPNDEV/proxy_arp
>
> and this must be done on the VPN server too..
> I've never done it this way with a VPN.. but you can only try it..
>
> I'm surprised that anything really works properly the way you've done it
because the firewall has 2 network devices with the same IP range.

<http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au/> http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au
<http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au/>

reason, I cannot see machines inside the network after being connected. Can
somebody give me the simpliest firewall rule on this? just for me to see the