Re: [netfilter-core] Procedure for iptables upgradation from 1.2.4 to 1.2.8.

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 07:44:25PM +0530, Ram Devarayi wrote:
> Hi Coreteam,
>
> Recently i came across netfolter.org. It is very informative and useful.
> Iam iam ATM world, quite new to IP world. Thanks a lot for this nobel
> job.

Pleae read http://www.netfilter.org/contact.html, this question is
better to be asked at the mailinglist(s)

> I would like to know the procedure for upgrading iptables from 1.2.4 to
> 1.2.8.

This depends on your linux distribution.  You can either compile+install
iptables manually (which works on all distributions) or try to rebuild a
the dpkg/rpm package for the new version.

> I tried Patch against 1.2.4 to incrementally go upto 1.2.8. I failed
> even to go from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5.
>
> Kindly let me know the procedure(very new to this patching stuff).
>
> My kernel path(KERNEL_DIR) is
> /home/ram/gateway.fresh/uClinux-dist/linux-2.4.x.

the iptables program is in userspace.  It just configures the kernel.

You can compile+install iptables-1.2.8 like most other free software
programs.  Please download the full 1.2.8 package and read the included
INSTALL file.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/