Help for IP Masquerading

I am a newbie to these chaining stuffs. can anyone clear my confusion.
I have to use IP Msquerading for getting my hosts connected to Internet through my linux box via dialup. My eth0 interface ip for my linux box is 192.168.0.1 and ppp0 is obviously dynamic. some  questions arrises in my mind which are:

Q-1 Should I configure SQUID  along with IP Masquerading in my linux box or can I implement IP Masqueradig without SQUID?

Q-2 I am using Linux 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7-10. can anyone tell me is this kernel monolithic or  modularized?

Q-3 If I am using IP Masquerading then I should assign the Primary and Secondary DNS IP of my ISP ? or I can configure my own dns server and assign those IP's to my script?

Q-4 what would be command or procedures to automatically update the IP of ppp0 whenever we connect to ISP in my scripts or where ever need so?

If anyone can help me and provide me the complete scripting and procedures for implementing th IP  Masquerading then it would be a great help for me and would be highly appreciatable.Note: I am in deep big problem.kindly help me out. thanks in advance

Best Regards
Salman Ahmed

Do you Yahoo!?